Notice of Motion - Senator RHIANNON (New South Wales)
I give notice that I will move:
- That the following proposed amendments to standing order 50 be referred to the Procedure Committee for inquiry and report by 22 August 2018:
(a) in the first paragraph, omit all words after "following", substitute "invitation to prayer or reflection: Senators, let us in silence pray or reflect upon our responsibilities to all people of Australia and to future generations";and
(b) omit the heading to standing order 50, and substitute, "Prayer or reflection and acknowledgement of country".
2. That the committee, in undertaking its inquiry into this matter,
- consult with all senators.
- have the power to send for persons and documents, to move from place to place, and to meet and transact business in public or private session, and
- invite submissions and take evidence in public session.